Saturday, July 24, 2010
Farmers of the urban footpath.....
Fed up with mowing that green bit out the front that doesn't even belong to you?
This piece from Australian City Farms and Community Gardens Network tackles every angle in a balanced way and gives you the best chance of keeping your efforts in tact. Well worth a read.
Check out the Moreland council policy before you start.
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food