Sunday, October 17, 2010
Mulberry Garden Open Day 20th November
The people at Mulberry Gardens will be holding an open day on November 20th from 10:30-2:30, with live music, planting workshop, wood fired pizza and café.
Despite not receiving further funding from Moreland council the garden is continuing to grow (people and plants.) I attended their pizza over building workshops over the last few weeks and can't wait to see it in action.
Come and show your support, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the sunshine (hopefully)!
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food