Friday, December 30, 2011
After a flurry of activity in the last week, our Expression of Interest form for the management of the West Brunswick Community Garden has been submitted to Council.
Now we wait while a review of applications takes place and a preferred candiate is put forward to Council on 8th Feb for endorsement.
We're really excited by the possibilities that this garden represents. Fingers crossed!
If you're interested, here's an extract from the application describing how we see the garden space working.
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food