Although our proposal for managing the West Brunswick Community Garden was posted amongst the papers for the February Council meeting, I realised that we haven't shared it with you here.
So, in case you're interested, here's a link to the proposal.
If haven't followed the story so far, our proposal was chosen by Council and we're holding a public meeting at the garden on June 16th at 2pm.
We'd love to see you down there.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
It's been so frustrating that we couldn't just say to everyone "Come down and we'll get your started!".
We've been waiting just like you.
Well now all the fun starts!
The garden has an exciting future but it needs you. It's up to all of us to make it so.
We're holding a public meeting down at the community garden at Dunstan Reserve in West Brunswick for everyone to come along to meet each other, find out more about the future of the garden and how to get involved.
Come down and chat with your neighbours, check out the plans and join the fun at:
2pm on June 16th
- Mark the date in your diaries and calendars now.
- Print out the flyer and stick it on your fridge.
- Print a few more and share them around.
Spread it around and bring your friends too, even if they don't want to get into garden here.
P.S. If you'd like to help before or on the day, we'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note via the Contact Us page.
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food