Although our proposal for managing the West Brunswick Community Garden was posted amongst the papers for the February Council meeting, I realised that we haven't shared it with you here.
So, in case you're interested, here's a link to the proposal.
If haven't followed the story so far, our proposal was chosen by Council and we're holding a public meeting at the garden on June 16th at 2pm.
We'd love to see you down there.
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food