Due to hot weather (BOM are saying 39 degrees today!) today's Garden & Gather will finish at 1pm just in case if you were planning to drop by after that. We're still starting at 10am and have plenty to do including at 12pm we'll be allocating the personal plots.
Don't forget to bring a drink (we'll have an esky to keep it cool), gloves, a hat and suncream!
Hope to see you down there!
Welcome to Moreland Community Gardening
Sign Up to start gardening
or to stay up-to-date
Our a 100% volunteer-based non-profit community group currently manages two community gardens in West Brunswick and Pentridge a food forest (also in West Brunswick).
Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for having community gardens all over the place. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food