Well, we're only a week away from our first big day in the community garden and things are picking up pace. Yep, it's finally happening and this weekend we need to see all those eager faces we saw when we got this ball rolling.
Come down this Sunday and help get things started. We're going to make a big start by getting our main paths laid and our first big communal bed planted with vegies. It's going to be good fun and we can all say we were there at the start.
Everyone is welcome, no experience necessary, there'll be something for everyone to help with. Bring a friend (or two)! Share this with as many people as you can. Don't worry if you haven't been before, come along and get stuck in.
(A few of us will be there on Saturday 24th from 2pm preparing for Sunday. We could use a few extra hands so if you can't make Sunday or you're feeling extra energetic, come along!)
Here's a picture of the final design (we'll have a clearer version for you to look at on the day).
Here are the details for Sunday:
When: Sunday 25th November - 10-4pm
Where: West Brunswick Community Garden
Refreshments: Everyone bring a plate of food to share, drinks will be supplied
What are we going to do?
- Lay paths and plant first communal bed, prepare seedlings for next time, tidy and water the food forest,
- Show and explain the garden design,
- People interested in a personal plot can learn about sizes and costs, confirm details and express your preference.
A few things to remember:
- If the weather looks bad, check our website on the day and we'll let you know if we're going ahead
- BYO gloves, hand tools, suncream, hats
- We need a volunteer photographer to help record the big day
- you don't need to RSVP but if you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if your coming that would be great
We look forward to seeing you all down there on Sunday.