Stop and think for 1 minute and you'll come up with at least one good reason for more community food growing. In case you don't have a minute or need some help, here are our top five!
- To bring people together.
- To hold on to Moreland's character and gardening knowledge.
- To provide somewhere where people can do some physical activity, relax and enjoy themselves
- To encourage sustainable gardening
- To make it easy for people to get hold of healthy locally grown food
We reckon you might share some or all of our beliefs with us (well, you're reading this so it's not a great leap really is it?) and to achieve more, we want you to move from "interested" to "involved", to do whatever you can to help.
So what can you do?Staying informed or getting involved is as easy as signing up (click to sign-up button on the top left).
To find out about our gardens, use the tabs above.
To find out more about Moreland Community Gardening Inc., we've put together a few bits and pieces below.
- What does sustainable community gardening mean to us?
- Why do we think this is important and worth doing?
- What are we trying to achieve?
- What does our organisational structure look like?
- The Moreland Community Gardening Inc. Board - what it does and who is on it
- The Moreland Community Gardening Inc. Rules (also known as our constitution) - the formal organisational rules by which MCG is run