The run an afterschool program for "children from local primary schools to learn about plants, food and the environment and the garden's role in health and nutrition" and say that "attendance by regular volunteers from business and industry has found the environment great for team building and regularly return to continue their involvement and support."
Future plans for development of the Coburg Garden Space include:
- City Sustainable Garden, demonstrating ways suburban gardeners can have a sustainable, long surviving garden in these times of drought. The garden will showcase environmentally friendly plants and techniques, such as water tanks and drought resistant plants.
- Diverse Cultures Herb Garden, showcasing the various herbs used in culturally diverse cuisines. The various demographic populations of the Moreland area will feature strongly as the basis for this herb garden.
- Tea Break Pavillion, a restful spot to sit and have a cup of tea, and enjoy the surroundings. This facility will also be available for use as a function or meeting room space for various groups in the community.
- Future Outlook Orchard, highlighting orchard techniques and fruit bearing trees of the various cultures and demographics of the Moreland region.
- Education and Learning Garden, which will expand upon the afterschool care program, and provide the opportunity for local primary and secondary school students to learn about plants, food and the environment and the garden's role in health and nutrition.
- CALD Community Kitchen, aimed at newly arriving and developing community groups, offering them a space to prepare, cook and share their food and cultures in large community gatherings.
- Plant Nursery Plot, where plants will be propagated and made available for retail sales, providing vocational and educational training opportunities for participants from various Work for the Dole schemes.