Our first Garden & Gather on 23rd September
A few highlights:
- We planted more than half of the plants on our planting plan
- The mulch we had left has been spread
- Another big pile of weeds came out and paths were rediscovered on the west side.
- Our food swap table had a few pepinos, some lemons, sunflower seeds, chokos (for planting), parsley (literally bucket loads).
- We spread some compost donated by a local benefactor under this pergola and mulched around the plants that we put in.
Our plans are closer to being finalised now after our garden design session. We had a good turnout and pulled together a strong list of features for the garden. We agreed it should be a little less formal than our draft plans with some more winding paths between garden beds, several inviting seating spots around the garden as well as a circular central space with seating. Our very generous landscape architect will take away all the notes and ideas and draw something which we hope will satisfy everyone.
We expect to have a plan to show everyone at the Garden & Gather on October 28th.