How's this heat! The poor vegies in our communal bed have been taking a hammering over the last few weeks and it's thanks to our watering crew that they're still alive. Nice to have a cooler weekend to let them (and us!) recover.
A few bits and pieces of news for you...
|Look how lush our vegie patch looks!|
If you told us you were interested in being a communal gardener, we'll be in touch soon to let you know more about how you can get involved and share in the bounty. In the meantime, come along to the next Garden & Gather (including celebratory lunch!) on January 27th and lend a hand.
Some other news
- Toilets - we've been talking to council about opening the toilets all the time and having them cleaned regularly and they're looking at it
- Funding - looks like we've been successful with a funding application to Landcare which will help pay for our propagation area
- Water tank - we're talking with council about getting a big water tank to harvest rainwater from the roof of the child care centre next door to the garden (with many thanks to our very friendly neighbours!)
- Power - thanks again to the lovely people next door to our garden, we're hopefully pretty close to getting power hooked up to our shed so we can boil a kettle and make a cuppa
- Bike racks - council have agreed to build some proper bike racks for us so we can all peddle to the garden and secure our bikes
|"Dirt" is actually a swear word! Who knew?|
Personal plots were allocated a few weeks back so we have some very eager plot holders who can't wait to get started in their patch. We still have plots available so if you haven't applied for one already but you reckon you'd like to give it a go drop us an email at email@example.com.
That's probably enough for now I reckon. Plenty going on.
Keep digging and we'll see you soon.