Depending on how it gets, I reckon I'll attempt a bit of a shed reorganisation this week.
Things are moving along nicely don't you think?
- Our four 5m2 raised beds are built and the 1m2 boxes are in place
- Personal plots are starting to take shape and the communal bed's looking lush and green
- Council are working with us to open the toilets and clean them regularly
- We're planning to hook up a water tank to the child care centre so we can harvest their rain water for our garden
- Plans are also afoot to build a compost hub that will set a new standard for all compost hubs AROUND THE WORLD (I'm not building it up too much am I?)
All that said, it's time to put the call out for some more hands to keep things running smoothly so here are...
3 things YOU can do
#1. Join the watering crew
|NB: The watering crew does not look like this|
To sustain this, we need more waterers. If you can hold a hose and put a sprinkler on (and let's face it, that's must of you) let us know when you're available (weekly? fortnightly?) and we'll allocate you a slot, show you the ropes and get you started.
#2. Join the communal crew
Our communal crew manage our large, communal beds; planning what goes in, working out what needs to be done each week and so on. For people with limited time, who can't quite manage a personal plot or who aren't too sure where to start, this is the crew for you!
If you haven't already joined and this sounds appealing let us know and we'll get you involved.
#3. Shed bosses
We need a couple of special people to run our shed, to plan what needs to be done to keep it stocked up, organised and safe. First job will be to plan some shelves and other storage solutions to organise all the stuff. There'll be help available, you won't be on your own.
I'm thinking organised, diplomatic, assertive...some of you relish this type of thing and we need to hear from you.
Enough for now, hopefully I'll see you down at the garden soon.