Moreland Community Gardening and our gardens Pentridge and West Brunswick fully support the recent measures being put in place by the government to protect the community, including social distancing and closing down non-essential services.
Formal gatherings at the gardens will not be promoted. We love that the garden is a safe community space and encourage you to reach out and organise to garden together safely. Please keep in mind the Prime Ministers briefing from the 24th March, which encourages people not to congregate in groups larger than 10 and maintain your social distance of 1.5m.
The garden remains open for members to garden in their own time. We see gardening as a valuable activity in these difficult times. We do not want to minimise access to anyone. Our essential service at this time is harvesting and planting food and maintenance (ie watering, weeding).
If you are isolating to protect your health and would like to access the garden alone, please use the facebook group to let your fellow gardeners know. We all want to support the health and wellbeing of all our members including the most vulnerable. If you are unwell or have been directed to self-isolate please contact your garden to ask for help to maintain your plot or for other support, and stay home, rest and recover.
In order to protect our current membership we are putting a temporary hold on new memberships, as at this time we cannot safely welcome new members to the garden.
Also, if you are experiencing financial hardship, please reply by email or contact your garden via email. We can extend memberships through this period.
Your garden Organising Committee is actively looking at ways we can still garden and keep engaged.
– Even if you are not a Facebooker – we encourage you to sign up and join your garden’s Facebook group. These groups are an easy way to connect with your community & for organising committees to share tasks at the gardens.
Pentridge Pentridge Community Garden Members
West Brunswick West Brunswick Community Garden And Food Forest Members
You can also contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can keep in touch through our members only facebook page, the noticeboard at the shed or via email.
And please remember to:
1. Wash your hands
2. Practice social distancing
3. Stay home and recover if you are unwell.
4. Maximum of 2 people in the shed at a time
5. Please wipe down tools and high touch surfaces such as door handles, hose fittings and locks after use with the supplied spray and/or wipes
6. Please bring gardening gloves with you from home, or if you use a pair from the shed take them home to wash after use
7. Wash all produce you take home
We will continue to monitor the advice from the Federal and State governments and will make further announcements as required.
Stay safe and support each other. We will get through this together.
Moreland Community Gardening, West Brunswick Community Garden and Pentridge Community Garden.
The Head Gardener