- Support people in our neighbourhoods to grow their own food
- Protect and improve the land and the soil in ways that sustain ecological integrity and encourage greater biodiversity
- Enhance local communities by creating socially equitable gardens which provide beauty and enjoyment and act as network hubs and learning spaces
- Manage people, materials and money to ensure ongoing maintenance, minimal waste, and future growth.
- Promote living in harmony with nature, being aware of sustainable choices, caring for place, people and planet
- Provide for the future success and continued existence of the organisation, by building individual gardens and greater organisational capacity so that we can manage the ongoing work of the venture.
What does sustainable community gardening mean to us?
For us, sustainable community gardening aims to: