This page was updated on 23 June 2020.
We have updated our guidelines in light of the new Victorian government rules, and in the context of Moreland being identified as a Coronavirus hotspot. Please take the time to read these.
The new guidelines for Pentridge Community Garden, effective immediately, are:
- Gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed, providing social distancing is maintained. (1.5m)
- Ad-hoc visits continue to be registered by posting in the closed members’ Facebook group. (The organiser starts the post and people who want to attend comment. Organiser limits attendees to 10.)
- Open garden sessions will contnibue on Sunday afternoons. We’d like to see members register their intention to attend in the group. All attendees must tick their names off the attendance sheet.
- We encourage the use of gloves where practical. Please bring your own gloves to the garden.
The shed will be open for use, provided the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Gloves must be worn when opening and closing the shed.
- Shared tools must be disinfected at the start and end of each session. If you’re using a tool, it’s your responsibility to make sure this is done.
- A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the shed at once, providing social distancing is maintained. (1.5m)
The following guidelines have not changed:
- Do not attend the garden if you are ill, you have arrived from overseas within the last fortnight, or you have been in touch with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- The compost hub will remain closed to the general public.
- Avoid shared surfaces & common areas (tables, chairs, potting benches etc.) If you must use these areas, disinfect them before and after use
- Soap and water and sanitiser is available at the garden for your use.
Moreland has been identified as a Coronavirus ‘hotspot’, which means we must be extra vigilant with hygiene, and limiting gatherings to 10.
We encourage members from outside Moreland to reconsider whether you need to attend the garden over the next three weeks. This especially applies to members in the adjacent LGA of Darebin, which has also been identified as a ‘hotspot’.
COVID-19 update 23 June – Pentridge Community Garden