This page was updated on 19 June 2020 and has been superceded. Please look for the most recent COVID-19 post.
The new guidelines for Pentridge Community Garden, effective immediately, are:
- Gatherings of up to 20 people are allowed, providing social distancing is maintained. (1.5m)
- Ad-hoc visits continue to be registered by Facebook post in our closed members’ Facebook Group. (The organiser starts the post and people who want to attend comment. Organiser limits attendees to 20.)
- Open garden sessions will start again from Sunday 7th June. We’d like to see members register their intention to attend in the group. All attendees must tick their names off the attendance sheet.
- We encourage the use of gloves where practical. Please bring your own gloves to the garden.
Additionally, the shed will be open for use, provided the following guidelines are adhered to:
- Gloves must be worn when opening and closing the shed.
- Shared tools must be disinfected at the start and end of each session. If you’re using a tool, it’s your responsibility to make sure this is done.
- A maximum of 2 people are allowed in the shed at once, providing social distancing is maintained. (1.5m)
The following guidelines have not changed:
- Do not attend the garden if you are ill, you have arrived from overseas within the last fortnight, or you have been in touch with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- The compost hub will remain closed to the general public.
- We are still not able to accept new membership requests.
- Avoid shared surfaces & common areas (tables, chairs, potting benches etc.) If you must use these areas, disinfect them before and after use
- Soap and water and sanitiser is available at the garden for your use.
COVID-19 update 19 June – Pentridge Community Garden