Our community gardens are volunteer operated and it’s our members that make them work.
The following people are currently volunteering on the Organising Committee of the West Brunswick Community Garden and Food Forest:
- Richard Brown
- Amit Rathi
- Sofia Portales
- Christine Kennedy
- John Coutanche
- Judith Cooke
- We also rotate a member of our board onto the organising committee
We’re always looking for more people to help organise at the garden, the larger the team, the easier it is for everyone.
We meet monthly on the first Thursday of the month at the Robinson Reserve Neighbourhood House.
The organising committee does the following:
- Manage/operate the West Brunswick Community Garden & Food Forest
- Represent members who participate here
- Manage the WBCG Members Handbook and ensure members adhere to it
- Find and fix problems
- Answer questions relating to this garden
- Provide opportunities for participation
- Look after plants, tools, infrastructure, buildings etc.
- Plan and manage costs
- Buy supplies for the garden
- Work with the MCG Board to plan, budget and fundraise
- Fulfil obligations of leases, licenses, grants, insurance etc.
If you’re interested in fining out more about how to get involved, email us